By Chandra M. Mehrotra,Lisa S. Wagner,Stephen Fried,Chandra Mehrotra
This re-creation has been thoroughly rewritten and comprises chapters that handle key themes in variety and getting older: examine tools, mental getting older; wellbeing and fitness ideals, behaviors, and companies; future health disparities; casual and formal deal with older folks; paintings and retirement; non secular association and spirituality; and dying, loss of life, and bereavement. Taking a large view of variety, Mehrotra and Wagner talk about components of range reminiscent of gender, race or ethnicity, non secular association, social classification, rural-urban neighborhood position and sexual orientation. together with those parts permits them to express a few of the wealthy complexities of our diversified tradition - complexities that supply either demanding situations to fulfill the wishes of various inhabitants and possibilities to profit the best way to reside in a pluralistic society.
Throughout the e-book, Mehrotra and Wagner current up to date wisdom and scholarship in a manner that engages readers in energetic studying. instead of easily transmitting info, the authors position ongoing emphasis on constructing readers’ wisdom and abilities; fostering larger order pondering and inspiring exploration of non-public values and attitudes.
Distinctive good points of the ebook include:
- Opening vignettes for every bankruptcy that current a sampling of the way the problems to be mentioned practice to assorted elders.
- Active studying reviews that invite readers to interview varied elders, behavior net searches, and provides an research of a case study.
- Quizzes on the finish of the chapters support readers verify the level to which they've got realized the cloth; the main for every quiz comprises information about right and flawed responses in order that extra studying can occur.
- Aging and variety on-line containers interspersed through the publication supply web assets that readers could use to discover new examine and publications.
- Suggested readings and audiovisual assets given on the finish of every bankruptcy function a advisor to more information on subject matters lined within the bankruptcy.
This process of providing the cloth can assist the readers comprehend and observe key strategies and rules in ways in which won't in basic terms enhance the lives of older humans they serve, yet also will improve their very own getting older experience.
Read or Download Aging and Diversity: An Active Learning Experience PDF
Similar gerontology books
Learn the way gardens and parks could be helpful to citizens Mounting facts finds that nature and outside environments supply people with dementia higher entertainment in lifestyles, reduce tension degrees, and confident adjustments to actual overall healthiness. open air Environments for individuals with Dementia explores how pleasurable the elemental genetically established desire of human relationships with nature can enhance the well-being and health and wellbeing of individuals with dementia.
Queridos abuelos trata diferentes aspectos relacionados con l. a. ancianidad y su situación en el nuevo siglo XXI: el papel del abuelo en l. a. educación de los nietos, los cambios físicos relacionados con los angeles vejez, l. a. posición del abuelo en los angeles sociedad y en l. a. familia, qué pueden hacer ellos por los demás y qué deben hacer los demás por ellos…
Opposed to a historical past of dialogue round international ageing and what this suggests by way of the longer term care want of older humans, this e-book addresses key matters concerning the nature and location of care and care-giving. Following a serious evaluation of analysis into who cares, the place and the way, it makes use of geographical views to provide a accomplished research of ways the intersection of casual care-giving inside family, neighborhood and home care houses can create advanced landscapes and organizational spatialities of care.
«Senso dell'umorismo, prosa energica e capacità di vedere e sperimentare in modo positivo il trascorrere degli anni, rendono questo libro un aiuto prezioso, un fattore di cambiamento della mentalità e una lettura gradevolissima. »Publisher Weekly«Un libro radicale, esuberante e pieno di fatti, analisi e notizie che smentiscono tutti i pregiudizi e gli stereotipi sulla vecchiaia.
- Ageing and Place (Routledge Studies in Human Geography)
- Deathscapes: Spaces for Death, Dying, Mourning and Remembrance
- Handbook of the Biology of Aging (Handbooks of Aging)
- The Aging Bladder
- Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender Ageing: Biographical Approaches for Inclusive Care and Support
Additional resources for Aging and Diversity: An Active Learning Experience
Aging and Diversity: An Active Learning Experience by Chandra M. Mehrotra,Lisa S. Wagner,Stephen Fried,Chandra Mehrotra