By William M Clements,Harold G Koenig
- addresses theoretical elements of human improvement, concentrating on cognitive, ethical, and non secular religion development
- examines events and problems of specific difficulty to older folks and appears at how faith can be utilized as a resource
- applies study findings to the matter of assembly the religious and psychological wellbeing and fitness wishes of elders with persistent or acute health and wellbeing problems
- presents an in-depth examine end-of-life concerns resembling physician-assisted suicideHospital and nursing domestic chaplains will locate this publication informative and inspiring, as will gerontologists, medical institution directors, and group clergy confronted with more and more older congregations. It offers psychological wellbeing and fitness pros new concepts to assist enhance the later years of older adults, and makes a good textual content for classes on faith, psychological future health, and getting older. Middle-aged and older adults, in addition to their households, also will locate getting older and God stress-free and encouraging as they try and grapple with the myriad adjustment and coping difficulties linked to aging.
Read Online or Download Aging and God: Spiritual Pathways to Mental Health in Midlife and Later Years PDF
Best gerontology books
Learn the way gardens and parks might be precious to citizens Mounting proof unearths that nature and open air environments offer people with dementia higher amusement in existence, reduce tension degrees, and confident adjustments to actual healthiness. outdoors Environments for individuals with Dementia explores how enjoyable the basic genetically established want of human relationships with nature can increase the health and wellbeing and health and wellbeing of individuals with dementia.
Queridos abuelos trata diferentes aspectos relacionados con l. a. ancianidad y su situación en el nuevo siglo XXI: el papel del abuelo en los angeles educación de los nietos, los cambios físicos relacionados con l. a. vejez, los angeles posición del abuelo en l. a. sociedad y en l. a. familia, qué pueden hacer ellos por los demás y qué deben hacer los demás por ellos…
Opposed to a historical past of discussion round worldwide growing old and what this suggests by way of the longer term care want of older humans, this ebook addresses key issues concerning the nature and placement of care and care-giving. Following a serious evaluation of study into who cares, the place and the way, it makes use of geographical views to give a accomplished research of ways the intersection of casual care-giving inside family, neighborhood and home care houses can create advanced landscapes and organizational spatialities of care.
«Senso dell'umorismo, prosa energica e capacità di vedere e sperimentare in modo positivo il trascorrere degli anni, rendono questo libro un aiuto prezioso, un fattore di cambiamento della mentalità e una lettura gradevolissima. »Publisher Weekly«Un libro radicale, esuberante e pieno di fatti, analisi e notizie che smentiscono tutti i pregiudizi e gli stereotipi sulla vecchiaia.
- The 100-Year Life: Living and Working in an Age of Longevity
- Your Golden Years, Your Golden Challenge: A Practicing Physician's Prescription for Preventative Health Care from Midlife to Retirement and Beyond
- Vieillir au pluriel: Perspectives sociales (French Edition)
- Issues in Aging
- The Social Work Interview (NONE)
Extra resources for Aging and God: Spiritual Pathways to Mental Health in Midlife and Later Years
Aging and God: Spiritual Pathways to Mental Health in Midlife and Later Years by William M Clements,Harold G Koenig