By Diego Pacheco
Write sleek, scalable, and reactive functions with the ability of Scala
About This Book
- Delves into the intricacies of sensible reactive programming with Scala
- Explores frameworks like Akka, Play and Slick used to increase effective applications
- A step-by-step consultant with lots of examples exhibiting sensible implementation of crucial concepts
Who This publication Is For
If you're a Java or JVM developer who desires to use Scala to construct reactive practical functions for the JVM platform, then this ebook is for you. past wisdom of Java or practical programing may aid. No Scala wisdom is required.
What you'll Learn
- Use Akka to create a talk provider in your app
- Equip your self with the innovations and instruments to construct reviews and construct database endurance with Scala and Slick
- Develop a customer-facing relaxation API that uses Scala and Spray
- Make use of the Scala net improvement ideas and scale up the structure of your application
- Get accustomed to the middle rules and ideas of practical Programming
- Use the Play framework to create types, controllers, and views
- Develop reactive backing frameworks via writing code with RxScala
- Discover what right checking out involves with Scala utilizing behavior-driven development
Scala is understood for incorporating either object-oriented and sensible programming right into a concise and intensely strong package deal. even if, developing an app in Scala can get a bit difficult as a result complexity the language has. This publication might help you dive instantly into app improvement through making a genuine, reactive, and useful software. we are going to offer you functional examples and directions utilizing a hands-on strategy that would offer you a company grounding in reactive useful principles.
The e-book will take you thru the entire basics of app improvement inside of Scala as you construct an program piece through piece. we've got made guaranteed to comprise every little thing you wish from developing to construction stories and scaling structure. This publication additionally covers the main precious instruments to be had within the Scala surroundings, equivalent to Slick, Play, and Akka, and a complete lot extra. it is going to assist you free up the secrets and techniques of establishing your personal updated Scala program whereas maximizing functionality and scalability.
Style and approach
This publication takes a step by step method of app improvement with Scala. it is going to position unique emphasis on useful language. it is going to train you the middle merits of Scala and the basics of useful programming via constructing a powerful application.
Read Online or Download Building Applications with Scala PDF
Similar object oriented design books
Get effects speedy, with LabVIEW sign Processing! This sensible consultant to LabVIEW sign Processing and regulate method features is designed that will help you get effects quickly. you are going to comprehend LabVIEW's large research features and discover ways to determine and use the simplest LabVIEW software for every software.
This article offers many recommendations from CS1 and CS2 utilizing a contemporary, JVM-based language that works good for either programming within the small and programming within the huge. It teaches basic challenge fixing and programming within the small, illustrates some great benefits of object-oriented layout, and offers information buildings displaying diverse implementations of key ADTs.
This booklet will advisor and stroll you thru Apple's new programming language referred to as quick. every technique, device and procedure is obviously highlighted during this booklet to supply transparent methodologies to each consumer for constructing a whole practical iOS app utilizing rapid. From install to dry checking out, troubleshooting to pre-alpha trying out, this publication envelops the complete wisdom to procure enough abilities to boost fascinating cellular apps around the iOS platform.
Extra info for Building Applications with Scala
Building Applications with Scala by Diego Pacheco