By Andrew M. Gardner
Read Online or Download City of Strangers: Gulf Migration and the Indian Community in Bahrain PDF
Best labour & industrial relations books
Paul Kubicek bargains a comparative examine of prepared labor's destiny in 4 postcommunist international locations, and examines the political and monetary effects of labor's weak spot. He notes that with few exceptions, exchange unions have misplaced contributors and suffered from low public self assurance. Unions have did not act whereas altering monetary guidelines have led to declining dwelling criteria and unemployment for his or her club.
Labour migration has been at the schedule of many nations world wide whilst governments of either sending and receiving international locations were attempting to advance regulatory mechanisms. This publication opens the controversy at the worldwide politics of labour migration via providing a re-examination of the interplay among states concerning labour migration.
The 1st to systematically examine Caucasians, African american citizens, and Asian americans in engineering, this learn of the occupation attainment and mobility of engineers within the usa tells how those 3 teams fare within the American engineering hard work industry and what they could wait for sooner or later.
The historical past of Mexican and Mexican-American operating periods has been segregated by means of the political boundary that separates the us of the US from the us of Mexico. for this reason, students have lengthy missed the social, cultural, and political threads that the 2 teams carry in universal.
- Civilizing Capitalism: The National Consumers' League, Women's Activism, and Labor Standards in the New Deal Era (Gender and American Culture)
- Manpower Policies for the Use of Science and Technology in Development: Pergamon Policy Studies on Socio-Economic Development
- Women Migrant Workers: Ethical, Political and Legal Problems (Routledge International Studies of Women and Place)
- The Invisible Woman: Aspects of Women's Work in Eighteenth-Century Britain (Studies in Labour History)
- Defiant Braceros: How Migrant Workers Fought for Racial, Sexual, and Political Freedom (The David J. Weber Series in the New Borderlands History)
Extra resources for City of Strangers: Gulf Migration and the Indian Community in Bahrain
City of Strangers: Gulf Migration and the Indian Community in Bahrain by Andrew M. Gardner