By Jordan Hudgens
- Provides the middle talents required to turn into a Ruby programmer
- Covers find out how to use the most well-liked Ruby Gem libraries
- Includes information on normal expressions
Ruby is a strong, general-purpose programming language that may be utilized to any activity. no matter if you're an skilled developer who desires to study a brand new language otherwise you are new to programming, this ebook is your finished Ruby coding consultant. beginning with the foundational rules, akin to syntax, and scaling as much as complicated subject matters similar to monstrous information research, this publication provides you with the entire instruments you have to be a certified Ruby developer. some of the key issues are: object-oriented programming, integrated Ruby equipment, center programming abilities, and an creation to the Ruby on Rails and Sinatra internet frameworks. additionally, you will construct 10 sensible Ruby programs.
Created by way of an skilled Ruby developer, this publication has been written to make sure it makes a speciality of the abilities it is important to be a qualified Ruby developer. upon getting learn this booklet, you can be able to commence construction real-world Ruby projects.
What you are going to learn
- Learn how you can use Ruby code successfully, selecting the correct device for the activity and never duplicating integrated functionality
- Gain top software program improvement practices, and the way to spot and attach universal errors
- Absorb center programming abilities, resembling variables, strings, loops, conditionals, and masses more
- Explore object-oriented programming and learn how to create modular, reusable code that you should use throughout projects
- Build 10 functional Ruby courses as you're employed during the booklet on issues reminiscent of huge info research and fixing Euler equations
About the Author
Jordan Hudgens is the CTO and founding father of DevCamp, the place he leads guideline and curriculum improvement for the entire DevCamp and Bottega code colleges round the US.
As a developer over the last decade, Jordan has traveled the area development functions and coaching contributors on a large choice of issues, together with Ruby improvement, tremendous info research, and software program engineering.
Jordan makes a speciality of project-driven schooling rather than theory-based improvement. This kind of educating is conducive to studying the way to construct real-world items that adhere to most sensible practices.
Additionally, Jordan has released a number of books on programming and desktop technological know-how in addition to constructing education curriculum for Learn.co, DevCamp, and AppDev at the issues, particularly Ruby on Rails, Java, AngularJS, NoSQL, API improvement, and algorithms.
Table of Contents
- Introduction to the Ruby Programming Language
- Ruby variables
- Ruby Strings
- Working with Numbers in Ruby
- Ruby Methods
- Ruby Iterators and Loops
- Ruby Collections
- Ruby Conditionals
- Object-oriented Programming in Ruby
- Working with the dossier process in Ruby
- Error dealing with in Ruby
- Regular Expressions in Ruby
- Searching with grep in Ruby
- Ruby Gems
- Ruby Metaprogramming
- Ruby net Frameworks
- Working with APIs in Ruby
- Ruby Algorithms
- Machine Learning
Read Online or Download Comprehensive Ruby Programming PDF
Similar object oriented design books
Get effects quickly, with LabVIEW sign Processing! This functional advisor to LabVIEW sign Processing and keep watch over method functions is designed that will help you get effects quickly. you will comprehend LabVIEW's huge research functions and discover ways to establish and use the easiest LabVIEW instrument for every software.
This article offers many ideas from CS1 and CS2 utilizing a latest, JVM-based language that works good for either programming within the small and programming within the huge. It teaches basic challenge fixing and programming within the small, illustrates some great benefits of object-oriented layout, and provides info buildings exhibiting diverse implementations of key ADTs.
This book will consultant and stroll you thru Apple's new programming language referred to as quick. every approach, instrument and method is obviously highlighted during this e-book to supply transparent methodologies to each person for constructing an entire practical iOS app utilizing quick. From install to dry checking out, troubleshooting to pre-alpha trying out, this book envelops the complete wisdom to procure enough talents to increase fascinating cellular apps around the iOS platform.
Additional resources for Comprehensive Ruby Programming
Comprehensive Ruby Programming by Jordan Hudgens