By Vincent F. Filak
Convergent Journalism: An Introduction is a pioneering textbook that may train you the way to grasp the talents had to be a journalist in today’s converged media panorama. This booklet exhibits you what makes a information tale powerful, and the way to spot the simplest platform for a selected tale, even if it’s the internet, broadcast or print. The bedrock tenets of journalism stay on the middle of this publication, together with details dissemination, storytelling, viewers engagement. After constructing those journalism fundamentals, the booklet is going into nice aspect on the way to tailor a narrative to satisfy the desires of assorted media.
Vincent F. Filak has introduced this moment variation thoroughly brand new through:
- A thorough reorganization of the chapters, which supplies a more moderen, more effective technique serious about "how to do convergent journalism," instead of easily watching the present kingdom of converged media.
- A variety of new pedagogical gains to enhance studying and retention, together with examples, routines, breakout containers and more.
- Coverage of extra subject matters similar to problems with legislation and ethics in electronic media, and in addition writing for cellular systems and social media.
- A better half site with hyperlinks to extra examples of caliber textual content, photos and multimedia for college students, in addition to an teacher web site with a try financial institution, prompt workouts and dialogue questions.
Read Online or Download Convergent Journalism: An Introduction: Writing and Producing Across Media PDF
Best writing reference books
The 1st version of this booklet used to be an critical consultant to overlaying the Washington information beat and have become a real vintage within the political reporting enviornment. the hot moment variation of contained in the Beltway expands, revises and updates the unique to make it an excellent extra crucial software for Washington newshounds in addition to a well timed textbook for college-level public affairs reporting classes.
• Are you a author, painter, photographer or different inventive soul? • Are you an inventor, dressmaker, scientist, engineer or entrepreneur? • Do you lengthy for an enormous movement of artistic rules? • are you aware how one can immediately activate your artistic circulation? • Are you prepared to entry hugely unique inventive principles?
Equipped at the hands-on reporting variety and curriculum pioneered by means of the collage of Missouri, this introductory textbook teaches scholars tips on how to write approximately and converse with humans of backgrounds that could be various from their very own, providing real-world examples of the way to perform very good journalism and strategic conversation that take tradition into consideration.
Por que há tantos textos ruins? O que se pode fazer para mudar essa realidade? É verdade que a língua está se deteriorando devido às mensagens eletrônicas e às redes sociais? Neste livro divertido e instrutivo, Steven Pinker – linguista, cientista cognitivo, escritor e autor de vários best-sellers – repensa o handbook de uso da língua, trazendo-o para o século XXI.
Extra resources for Convergent Journalism: An Introduction: Writing and Producing Across Media
Convergent Journalism: An Introduction: Writing and Producing Across Media by Vincent F. Filak