By Michelle Carey,Moira McFadden Lanyi,Deirdre Longo,Eric Radzinski,Shannon Rouiller,Elizabeth Wilde
The number one consultant to Excellence in Technical Communication—Fully up-to-date for Embedded counsel, cellular, seek, Multimedia, and More
Direct from IBM’s personal content material layout specialists, this advisor exhibits you the way to layout product interfaces and technical details that always place clients entrance and heart. This version has been totally revised that can assist you regularly convey the right content on the right time.
You’ll grasp today’s top practices to use 9 crucial features of high quality technical info: accuracy, readability, completeness, concreteness, association, retrievability, type, activity orientation, and visible effectiveness.
- Advocating for clients during the complete product improvement process
- Delivering details in an ordered demeanour via following revolutionary disclosure techniques
- Optimizing content material in order that clients can locate it from anywhere
- Streamlining info for cellular delivery
- Helping clients correct the place they are
Whether you’re a author, editor, details architect, consumer adventure expert, or reviewer, this booklet indicates you ways to create nice technical details, from the product layout to the person interface, subject matters, and different media.
- Thoroughly revised and updated
- Extensive new insurance of self-documenting interfaces and embedded assistance
- Updated sensible instructions and checklists
- Hundreds of latest examples
Read Online or Download Developing Quality Technical Information: A Handbook for Writers and Editors (IBM Press) PDF
Best writing reference books
The 1st version of this publication was once an integral consultant to overlaying the Washington information beat and have become a real vintage within the political reporting enviornment. the recent moment version of contained in the Beltway expands, revises and updates the unique to make it a good extra crucial software for Washington newshounds in addition to a well timed textbook for college-level public affairs reporting classes.
• Are you a author, painter, photographer or different artistic soul? • Are you an inventor, clothier, scientist, engineer or entrepreneur? • Do you lengthy for a vast movement of artistic rules? • have you learnt tips to immediately activate your artistic circulation? • Are you prepared to entry hugely unique artistic rules?
Outfitted at the hands-on reporting variety and curriculum pioneered by means of the collage of Missouri, this introductory textbook teaches scholars the way to write approximately and speak with humans of backgrounds which may be diverse from their very own, delivering real-world examples of the way to perform very good journalism and strategic communique that take tradition under consideration.
Por que há tantos textos ruins? O que se pode fazer para mudar essa realidade? É verdade que a língua está se deteriorando devido às mensagens eletrônicas e às redes sociais? Neste livro divertido e instrutivo, Steven Pinker – linguista, cientista cognitivo, escritor e autor de vários best-sellers – repensa o handbook de uso da língua, trazendo-o para o século XXI.
Additional resources for Developing Quality Technical Information: A Handbook for Writers and Editors (IBM Press)
Developing Quality Technical Information: A Handbook for Writers and Editors (IBM Press) by Michelle Carey,Moira McFadden Lanyi,Deirdre Longo,Eric Radzinski,Shannon Rouiller,Elizabeth Wilde